Control Your Blood Pressure With Beetroot Salad
Winter is the best time to get variety of vegetables. One of my favourite is the ruby color vegetable called Beetroot. It comes loaded with antioxidants and phytochemicals. It’s great for liver and work as blood purifier by taking up oxygen. Apart from that it’s great for the people suffering from high blood pressure (hypertension) as it improves blood circulation. It’s proven in studies that beetroot have nitrate which helps to control your blood pressure. You can have both grated or boiled form or have it in the form veg juice with carrot. It is also rich in fiber, magnesium and folate.
- 1 beetroot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 chopped, onion
- 1/2 tsp jaggery optional
- 1 tbsp peanut, coarse grinded
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Cold pressed coconut oil 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Jeera.
- 1 pinch Hing.
- 1 tsp Urad dal.
- 1 green chilli, Chopped.
- Mix grated beetroot onion, peanut, salt and jaggery in a bowl.
- Add oil in pan then add pinch of hing, mustard seeds and cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add 1 tsp Urad daal and sauté.
- Add and sauté green chillies for 1 min.
- Add this tadka over beetroot salad mixture and mix well.
- Add lemon juice over salad and mix well and then serve.
Note: People with kidney stone should avoid beetroot as they are rich in oxalates.
Also people with IBS should prefer less serving of beetroot as it can cause discomfort.